Our Premier teams attract the top players from the greater Charlotte region and beyond who want to play volleyball at the highest levels. These teams will compete against the best competition both within the region and, depending on age, throughout different parts of the country.
Players who compete for one of our premier teams will be placed primarily based upon their ability and will not be restricted by their age. This allows the best to play with the best, and as players reach for the collegiate placement it will allow the most talented and hardest working players to reach the highest levels that they can! Our goal is to put these players in positions in which they must compete both in practice and in matches against other top players and teams so as to showcase what they can do!
Players selected for our Premier teams are selected by a group of coaches, not just their individual head and assistant coach. We believe that the more eyes that are on players the better evaluation we will be able to get on each athlete.
- One per Age Group
- Consisting of the top players in the greater Charlotte region and beyond
- Travel throughout the East Coast and Midwest (possibly West Coast) to play the best competition in the country
- Ages 16-18 focus on College Prep; includes weight training program, increased practice requirements, and travel around the country.
- Ages 13-15 play the best competition, players being groomed for College Prep, players focusing on learning to grow as individual players and learning to win
- Season runs from November through June (or possibly July) for U15-U18, November through April for U13 and U14 with the possibility of extending the season through June (teams will be offered this in February)
- 2016 Premier Team Highlights: Multiple tournament wins including 18-Premier winning the Mid-East Qualifier in Indianapolis and qualifying for USAV Nationals, four top 20 finishes at AAU Nationals, and every 18-Premier senior signed with a D1 or D2 school
- Cost ranges from $2700-$3100 for U15-U18, $1800-$2200 for U13-U14
Our National teams attract the top players from the greater Charlotte region and beyond who want to play volleyball at the highest levels. These teams will compete against the best competition both within the region and along the east coast. Players on a National team will be placed in an intensive training environment designed to push each player to reach her full potential and achieve her goals.
- One or Two per Age Group (U14 and up)
- Consisting of some of the top players in the greater Charlotte region
- Travel throughout the East Coast and Midwest to play against other top teams
- Ages 16-18 focused on College Prep; includes weight training program, two practices per week and Sunday Skills Training throughout the year
- Ages 13-15 play the best competition, players being groomed for College Prep, players focusing on learning to grow as individual players and learning to win, two practice per week and Sunday Skills Training throughout the year
- Season runs from November through June (or possibly July) for U15-U18, November through April for U13 and U14 with the possibility of extending the season through June
- 2016 Blue teams won multiple tournaments throughout the Carolinas!
- Cost ranges from $2600-$3000 for U15-U18, $1800-$2200 for U14
Our Semi-National and Regional teams are designed for competitive players in the greater Charlotte region who want to improve their game by competing against other travel teams throughout the Carolinas. These teams provide an excellent chance to compete and train within the same structure as the National and Premier teams. Players who train hard and develop routinely advance to National and Premier teams in the following years, and regularly go on to lots of success with their high school teams!
- One to Three per age group
- 3-5 Multi-day tournaments and 3-4 single day tournaments, travel kept within a four-hour radius for two and three day tournaments
- Practice twice a week and on 10 skill training Sundays
- Offered for the U12-U16 age levels
- 2016 Semi-National Teams won multiple tournaments in the Carolinas
- Season runs from November through April; at completion of the season we hold re-tryouts for Semi-National players that want to play from April to the end of June.
- Cost ranges from $1800-$2200
- One to Three per age group
- Mostly single day tournaments with one local two day tournaments and no overnight stays
- Practice twice per week and on 10 skill training Sundays
- Offered for U12-U15 age levels
- 2016 Regional Teams won tournaments throughout the Carolina Region.
- Season runs from November through March
- Cost ranges from $950-$1300
This will be our third season offering our one of a kind Travel Light program. It is specifically designed for 17 and 18 year old players who, generally speaking, have decided not to pursue playing at the collegiate level, but want to keep their skills up for future playing opportunities (high school or club in college) and who want to still play at a competitive level. This program is also designed for players with rigorous class schedules and those who have jobs. This program has attracted many top level players in the area, and teams have won multiple tournaments in the Carolinas!
- 17’s and 18’s teams ONLY, multiple teams
- Mix of single and two day tournaments throughout the Carolinas
- Practice twice per week right after school (4:00 – 5:30)
- For competitive players with tough school schedules, who want to work, and who probably aren’t going to play in college.
- Season runs from December through March
- Cost: $975
The 2017 Season marks the beginning of our 3rd Season with a Boys Program and we are very excited about the growth we have seen already and will continue to see in the future.
The Boys Program is directed by Dylan Mulkey who has been an active player an coach in the game for nearly 30 years, including serving on staff at the 1996 Beach Olympics! Dylan is well respected in the outdoor community as an excellent technician and an outstanding teacher. He was an assistant coach with the University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers, and was also the head coach of the men’s club team. In addition to his collegiate and beach experience, Dylan has been responsible for CUVC being the first club in Charlotte to have a boy’s indoor team. In just 2 years, the boys team has travelled all over the east coast, winning multiple tournaments.